Australia is a beautiful country to live, study or earn money but there are certain requirements linked to the process of attaining citizenship there. Your place, qualification, age, etc. all matters a lot in gaining citizenship in a country like Australia.
Eligibility requirements for Australian Citizenship:
The requirements needed to attain Australian Citizenship are as follow:
- The applicant must hold the Australian permanent resident status for a period of at least 4 years or he/she must be living in Australia for at least 4 years prior to applying.
- The applicant must fulfill all the character requirement also.
As per the new norms announced on April 20, 2017, it involves certain new requirements which are:
- The candidate needs to pass an English language test.
- The candidate must strengthen the Australian Values Statement, test, and pledge of commitment.
- He/she is required to show integration into the Australian community.
Document Needed for Acquiring the Citizenship:
To apply for citizenship, you need to provide different documents which should be totally original. These include:
- The prove of your identity or the ID proof.
- You need to establish links between all names you have used.
- You also need to take care of that you are not involved in any of the serious criminal convictions.
For more details, do concern the reliable services of immigration lawyers Perth.
Enquire now for Free Consultation
please enter your details below
How to apply Citizenship in Australia?
If you are Applying in Australia:
Whether you apply online or through a paper application, you must attach all the certified copies of your identity and other significant documents. Avoid posting any of the original documents with your application.
At the time of appointment, you need to bring your original documents with you. You must also bring a completed identity declaration and correctly endorsed photographs at that time.
contact us now!
If you are applying outside Australia:
If you are not in Australia then also you can apply online or lodge a paper application. And then send your paper application to the Overseas Citizenship Unit of Australia. The certified copies of all the required documents are needed to be attached to your online or paper application.
How much time does it take to become an Australian citizen?
After filing the citizenship application, the DIBP aims to process your application within 3 months but there are chances that you may face situations like the backlog of applications or any other delay.
Benefits of Australian Citizenship:
- There is no need to acquire the Resident Return Visa in order to keep your right to remain in Australia.
- By availing the Australian citizenship, you get the right to vote and elect your representatives.
- You can enjoy lower education costs.
- You can apply for government jobs as most of the jobs need the applicant to be an Australian citizen.
- You can also attain visa-free travel through the Australian passport.
- If your children born outside Australia then you get the right to register them as Australian citizens.
- You can also avail full residence rights in New Zealand.
If you require any other information or want to solve your query, do connect to immigration lawyers Perth to attain best results.