What is a Partner Visa?
Partner visa is a type of visa which makes you eligible to apply for PR in Australia in case you are married to an Australian citizen or an Australian permanent resident or to an eligible New Zealand citizen. If you are planning to marry or are in a relationship with one, then you can obtain an Australian Immigration Partner Visa.
subclasses under the Partner Visa:
The Partner visa Australia comes in two forms i.e. Subclass 820 and Subclass 801.
The Subclass 820 visa is related to a temporary partner visa that allows you to live in Australia. The Subclass 820 visa is said to be the initial stage towards the Permanent Partner Visa which comes under Subclass 801. You can apply for both the visas at the same time by paying only once for the application.
Requirements for Partner Visa:
This includes things like:
- The partner of the applicant must be an Australian permanent resident or Australian citizen or an eligible New Zealand citizen.
- Both the applicant and the partner’s age should be more than 18 years.
- The applicant must be married or in a relationship with the sponsoring partner for a period of 12 months or more.
- There must be a satisfactory proof that the relationship or the marriage is genuine.
In case you need detailed information regarding the requirements needed for this particular visa, do concern the immigration lawyers Perth.
Benefits for Partner Visa:
The Temporary Partner visa that comes under subclass 820 allows you to avail the following benefits which include:
- It will let you live and work in Australia until a decision is made about your permanent Partner Visa under Subclass 801.
- You can also study in Australia.
- You can also enjoy the enrol in Medicare under Australia’s scheme for health-related care and expenses.
On the other side, the Permanent Partner Visa under Subclass 801 includes the following list of benefits:
- You can work and live in Australia for an indefinite period of time.
- You get the opportunity to study in Australia.
- Benefits of Enrol in Medicare under Australia’s state-run healthcare program.
- You can even get a chance to apply for Australian citizenship.
- You get the right to travel in and out of Australia.
Enquire now for Free Consultation
please enter your details below
STEPS INVOLVED IN APPLYING FOR THE PARTNER VISA:
The following steps are involved for contributory parent visa.
Step 1: Prepare Your Documents Do prepare all the necessary documents with your application to prove the claims you make.
Step 2: Lodge Your Application The Partner Visa whether under Subclasses 820 or 801 must be lodged online or by post or in person.
Step 3: Wait for a decisionThe process of Visa may take several months for the DIBP to make a decision on your visa application.
Step 4: Start working after you receive your visaThe time you receive the visa, you become eligible to work in Australia. It means that your application is approved.
If you need any other important details or you have any query or question related to the whole process related to applying for the partner visa, do consult immigration lawyer Perth.