What is Skilled Independent Visa?
If you are a highly skilled individual and your age is less than 50 years old then Australia’s Skill Select Programme is the perfect option for you to click on. As under this program, there is a need for individuals who are skilled in several sectors. This alternative is a perfect pick for skilled individuals who are looking for employment and want to avail PR in a country like Australia. This system does not include any child.
Subclasses involved in Skill Select Programme:
There are four visas in total for which you can apply for under the Skill Select program. These includes:
- Skilled Independent Visa under subclass 189.
- Skilled Nominated Visa under subclass 190.
- Skilled Regional (Provisional) Visa which comes under subclass 489.
- Skilled Regional (Residence) Visa which comes under subclass 887.
There are a number of points in relation to being eligible for the skilled independent visa. This includes:
- Your age must not be more than 50 years.
- You need to have sufficient ability into the English language so that you can easily work in Australia.
- When you apply for a skilled occupation, it should fit your skills and qualifications and your nominated occupation must be there in the SOL i.e. Skilled Occupation List.
- Before applying, the Australian assessing authority must verify your skills to access your nominated occupation.
- You need to acquire a minimum of 60 marks in the Skilled Migration Points Test. After that only, you get eligible for the program.
- The points you get depends on numerous factors like your age, your qualifications, previous employment experience and various other factors.
- To be eligible for the skilled Independent Visa, you must acquire reasonably good health and your health should be assessed by a panel doctor and undergo a proper medical examination.
- You should consume a good character and it is also assessed properly.
By connecting to Perth immigration lawyers, you can easily get all the necessary details regarding the visa application process for Skilled Visas and especially when considering how quickly Australian immigration laws can change.
Enquire now for Free Consultation
please enter your details below
Whats this Visa lets you do?
Successful applicants of an Australian Skilled Independent visa can avail the opportunity of becoming permanent residents of Australia. The residents are entitled to live, work and study in Australia on a permanent basis. Additional benefits of Australian PR include access to government-subsidised healthcare and much more.
If you failed to get the passing marks, then there are two options available for you.
You may get the extra points if you are eligible for nomination by the government of an Australian State or Territory. Anyhow, if your points are still below the required passing mark then you can still apply for a provisional skilled migration visa which can later be used to obtain a permanent residency visa in Australia.
The processing time attached to skilled Independent Visa depends upon the condition under which you applied for the Visa. In short, the skilled independent visa Australia processing time is not fixed.
Undoubtedly, the Perth immigration lawyers are dedicated to help you in achieving your career ambitions by working in Australia.