Bridging Visa

If you want to maintain a legal living status in Australia while the substantive visa application is under process, then you can apply for Bridging Visa Australia. This visa can also be availed if you want to make arrangements to leave for your home country as your previous substantive visa is about to expire or has already expired. Bridging visas except the BVB (Bridging visa B) does not allow you to re-enter Australia once you leave the country. These are a temporary resident visas that a person can apply in accordance with the needs, circumstances and purpose of the stay.

Categories of Bridging visa:

Bridging Visa, A (subclass 010)

You can continue living in Australia on Bridging Visa A until the Department of Home Affairs comes to any conclusion regarding your substantive visa application. An applicant is entitled to this visa once she/he lodges an application for a new visa, be onshore with a current valid visa status.


Complete the form below for a fast response

Bridging Visa B (subclass 020)

Any individual who intends to travel outside of Australia with a subsequent reason while living in the country on a Bridging Visa A can apply for Bridging Visa B to obtain travel rights. One has to be onshore to apply for this visa and it comes with an attached travel facility.

Bridging Visa C (subclass 030)

If you are living in Australia illegally without a substantive visa, in order to become a lawful resident with a new visa to live in Australia you can apply for Bridging Visa C. This visa is available to the onshore applicants only and does not allow the holders to apply for BVB for travel facility.

Bridging Visa D (subclass 040 & 041)

With Bridging Visa D an applicant is allowed to live in Australia for up to 5 days. This visa is generally availed to apply for a valid substantive visa which you previously failed due to some error in your visa application. Once this visa is granted you can then reapply for a new visa within the BVD period, with complete and error-free details and fees.

Bridging Visa E (subclass 050 & 051)

Bridging Visa E intends to give a lawful living status to an applicant whose substantive visa has ended and is waiting for a new visa grant or is planning to leave Australia. Bridging visas, regardless of the stream are granted only when a person fulfills the certain requirements such as age, health and relation etc.

How Immigration Lawyer Perth can help you?

How Immigration Lawyer Perth can help you?

Our highly experienced migration lawyers at Immigration Lawyer Perth can assess your circumstances to identify the visa stream that suits your situation. We will help you prepare all the documents addressing every legislation required by the immigration authority of Australia to help you present the valid visa file. Once the visa file is complete we will submit it to the Department f Home Affairs. We will stand by your side throughout the process and will keep you posted about your application progress.

If you are planning to apply for a Bridging Visa Australia, simply get in touch with us through call or email. One of our representatives will get back to you at the earliest to address your queries and help you with the migration process.


Complete the form below for a fast response

Immigration Lawyers Perth

Copyright © Immigration Lawyers Perth. All Rights Reserved
Designed, Developed and Maintained by DQ Australia.
Enquire Now
Call Us Now