Parents who have child living overseas and wish to bring them to Australia, can fulfill this dream with the help of Child visa. A child can lawfully stay in Australia with the grant of one such visa, provided they meet certain standards and requirements to obtain the visa. This visa is available for young individuals who are adopted, independent or orphaned children of an Australian permanent resident, an Australian citizen, or an eligible citizen of New Zealand.

Child migration is not an easy process but it is so possible. An adult who wishes to take his child to Australia and let him stay here just needs to know the things to consider when obtaining this visa.

Categories of Child Visa:

Child Visa (Subclass 101)- offshore

Child Visa Subclass 101 is available for child below 18 years of age to live with their parents in Australia. It is a permanent visa for the child who gets the sponsorship from their parents or parents’ partner. With this visa, the child is allowed to live in Australia for good or permanently and may travel to-and-from Australia for a period of five years. The child must be single and must be full-time student if older than 18 (however must be younger than 25 years).

Child Visa (Subclass 801)- Onshore

Child Visa Subclass 801 is intended for onshore applicants to continue living with their parents in Australia. To get this visa grant the child must be single and must meet the age criteria.

Adoption Visa (Subclass 102)

Adoption Visa (subclass 102) lets a child rightfully migrate to Australia and live there permanently if they are adopted by parents who are either an Australian citizen, permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen. The eligible child is one who is below 18 years of age with sponsorship from his/her parents residing in Australia.

Orphan Relative Visa (Subclass 117)-Offshore

An orphan child who does not have parents or anybody else to take care of them except the Australian relatives are entitled to apply for Orphan Relative (subclass 117). The relative or child may apply for this visa if the child is single and below 18 years of age. This visa allows you to enroll in any course or opt for work.

Orphan Relative (Subclass 837)-Onshore

Orphan Relative (subclass 837) falls under category of permanent resident visa for an orphan child who does not have parents or anybody else to take care for them except the relatives living in Australia with status of Australian citizen, permanent residency or an eligible New Zealand citizen. The child must be single and under 18 years of age to apply for this visa.

Dependent Child Visa (Subclass 445)

Be it onshore or offshore Dependent Child Visa (subclass 445) is issued on a temporary basis to the child of a parent holding temporary partner visa. Till the time the parent’s partner visa gets permanent status, the child may travel with them. The child can also study or work during their stay in the country.

New Zealand Citizen Family Relationship (Temporary) Visa (Subclass 461)

New Zealand Citizen Family Relationship (temporary) Visa (subclass 461) is an ideal option for you to choose from the visas available to stay in Australia if you want to travel to Australia and stay with your New Zealand citizen family member who is a Special Category visa holder.

Share this information with your friends:

Get Advice From Our Experts

Contact us on (08) 6245 1242
To make an Appointment

How Immigration Lawyer Perth can help you?

Immigration Lawyer Perth has been helping parents and children live together in Australia by providing visa application assistance and consultation. If you wish to apply for a Child Visa Australia, on behalf of your child, we can help you. We can assess your current situation and recommend the most suitable visa for you. You can also get documentation, processing, and other crucial information regarding your visa application from us.

Get in touch with us via phone or email to get most cost-effective visa assistance.