The business owners in Australia who fail to fill the vacant positions in their organization through the local labour market can fulfill those vacancies by recruiting skilled workers from overseas with Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme Subclass 187 Visa. The sponsored candidates can bring their family members along with them for study and work in Australia and avail other benefits. Further Regional Migration Subclass 187 Visa has two streams: Direct Entry Stream and Temporary Residence Transition Stream.
Who should apply for this visa:
Candidates who fulfill the below requirements can apply for Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme Subclass 187 Visa for Australia:
- Is less than 45 years of age
- Have been nominated by an approved Australian sponsor for a position in regional Australia
- Qualify pre-requisites of the visa stream applied
- Possess the relevant skills and qualifications for the nominated position
What this visa allows you to do in Australia?
The RSMS Subclass 187 Visa holders are allowed to live work and study indefinitely in Regional Australia (Australian Capital Territory, New South Wales, Northern Territory, Western Australia, Norfolk Island, South Australia, Victoria, Tasmania, and Queensland). This visa also entitles you to enroll in Medicare (Australia’s healthcare benefit) and sponsor your eligible family members for permanent resident in Australia. Later when you qualify you can apply for Australian citizenship.
Eligibility criteria for Regional Sponsor 187 Visa
There are certain eligibility criteria for the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme Subclass 187 Visa applicants to fulfill which includes the following:
- You must get nominated by Australia-based sponsor along with the approval of nomination within six months of application. It is necessary to apply for the same stream for which you have been nominated by your employer else the application could be cancelled.
- Applicants of TRT and DE streams must have sufficient competency in English language. Different streams have different requirements for English language competency.
- Applicants must undergo health examinations to ensure they meet the minimum health standards. Health requirements depend on the visa stream you have applied for. A proof of adequate health insurance is obligatory for a stay in Australia.
- Applicants must possess a good code of conduct and satisfy the character requirements. You need to present a police clearance certificate from the country where you have stayed for a year or more after the age of 16.
- Must possess competent English language skills
Share this information with your friends:
Get Advice From Our Experts
Q&A’s for Subclass 187 Visa
How much will this visa application cost?
The estimate cost of RSMS Subclass 187 is AUD 3,755
How long this visa will be valid for?
Subclass 187 Visa is a permanent visa and lets you live indefinitely in Australia.
How long do I have to wait to process this visa application?
The processing duration for different visa stream is as under:
- Temporary Residence Transition Stream: 12 to 13 months
- Direct Entry Stream: 21 to 23 months
- Agreement Stream: Unavailable (due to few number of applications)
How should I select the visa stream?
- Temporary Residence Transition Stream: Holders of Temporary Skilled Work Visa (Subclass 457) and TSS (Temporary Skill Shortage Subclass 482) can apply under TRT stream. The applicant must have worked for the employer for the nominated position.
- Direct Entry Stream: If applicants fail to meet the conditions of TRT, then they can apply for the DE stream.
Note: The employer must sponsor the applicant for permanent residence.
What are the steps of this visa lodgement process?
The visa lodgement process has two steps:
- Nomination by Australian Sponsor
- Application for the nominated stream
Can I include my partner in the visa application?
Yes. You can include family members such as partner, children/step-children or children of their partners. Proper proof of relationship is mandatory.
Where can I apply for RSMS Visa from?
You can apply for RSMS Visa from in or out of Australia.
Provided information should not be taken as exhaustive, additional requirements for the visa do apply. Visa requirements may differ as per individual circumstances. For your eligibility assessment visit one of our qualified professionals.