When the Australian organizations fail to employ a skilled Australian worker, they can bring overseas workers to Australia with Temporary Skill Shortage Visa Subclass 482. Basically, this visa helps to fulfill the labour shortage in Australia. The Skill Shortage Subclass 482 Visa holders are allowed to work in their relevant occupation under three streams—Short-Term Stream, Medium-Term Stream and Labour-Agreement Stream.
Who should apply for this visa:
Candidates who fulfill the below requirements can apply for Temporary Skill Shortage Visa Subclass 482 for Australia:
- Is nominated by an approved Australian business for occupation
- Possess the relevant qualification and skills required for the nominated position.
- Fulfil the requirements of the applied stream
What this visa allows you to do in Australia?
The Temporary Skill Shortage Subclass 482 Visa holders are allowed to live and work in Australia till the valid visa period. The Candidates of this visa can also include their family members in their visa application and can also travel in and outside of Australia from the date visa is been granted.
Eligibility criteria for Skill Shortage 482 Visa
There are certain eligibility criteria for the Skilled Shortage Visa 482 applicants to fulfill which includes the following:
- The proposed sponsor (an approved sponsor) should file an application for the applicant.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in the English Language. Must be able to read, write and understand English.
- Show evidence of relevant skills for the nominated position. Documents may include a resume, qualification certificates, employment references and license proof.
- Meet the minimum standards of health and demonstrate evidence of appropriate health insurance.
- Satisfy the general code of conduct to represent a good character.
Share this information with your friends:
Get Advice From Our Experts
Q&A’s for Subclass 482 Visa
How much will this visa application cost?
The cost to apply for Temporary Work Visa in Australia for short-term stream is AUD 1,175. The cost for medium-term and labour agreement is AUD 2400. The applicant may bear other costs such as police certificate and health examination.
What is the maximum age limit for this visa?
There is no age limit to apply for the temporary visa.
How long this visa will be valid for?
The applicants can stay for 1 to 4 years in Australia based on visa stream and nominated occupation. The duration is mentioned in the visa grant notification.
How long do I have to wait to process this visa application?
- Short-term Stream: 11 to 18 days
- Medium-Term Streams: 11 to 17 days
What is the process to apply for the temporary work visa in Australia?
The process involves three steps:
- Sponsorship application by the proposed sponsor
- The employer files a nomination application for skilled occupation for the worker
- Filing a visa application by the candidate
Can I include my partner in the visa application?
Yes. You can include you partner in your visa application along with members such as children when lodging TSS visa application. Your family members can work unlimited and avail study opportunities. Adequate evidence of relationship is mandatory.
Where can I apply for Subclass 482 Visa from?
Applicants can apply for temporary skilled shortage visa both from inside and outside Australia.
Exception: Applicants cannot apply for short-term TSS if
- They stayed in Australia at the time when the latest TSS visa application was filed.
- They have had TSS short-term stream visa more than once.
What documents do I need to apply for TSS Visa?
Documents about identity, English Language competency, occupation, skills, health, a testimony of family members and character certificates are required.
How to apply for the visa?
Make an online request to apply for this visa. Get the TRN (Transaction Reference Number) from your sponsoring employer. Enter relevant details and pay the application fee.
Provided information should not be taken as exhaustive, additional requirements for the visa do apply. Visa requirements may differ as per individual circumstances. For your eligibility assessment visit one of our qualified professionals.