Skilled Regional Subclass 887 Visa is a permanent Australian visa for the individuals who have stayed in a specified regional area (Low populated areas – Northern Territory, South Australia, Tasmania, New South Wales- Everywhere except Sydney, Newcastle, the Central Coast and Wollongong, Queensland- Everywhere except the greater Brisbane area and the Gold Coast, Victoria- Everywhere except the Melbourne metropolitan area and Western Australia- Everywhere except Perth and surrounding areas) of Australia for at least two years. In order to get this visa all that an applicant needs to do is follow the directions accordingly and ensure that they qualify for the given eligibility criteria.
Who should apply for this visa?
Candidates who fulfill the below requirements can apply for Skilled Regional Subclass 887 Visa for Australia:
- Must be a holder of subclass 489, 495, 496, 475 or 487; or a Bridging visa A or B post applying for subclass 489, 495 or 497 visas
- Must have stayed in a specific regional area of Australia for at least 2 years
- Must have worked as a full-time employee in a specific regional area for at least 1 year
What this visa allows you to do in Australia?
Since the Skilled Regional Subclass 887 Visa is a permanent Australian visa, it allows you to stay, work and study indefinitely in Australia. Later when you stay in the country for specified and qualify the other subsequent criteria’s you may apply for Australian citizenship and sponsor your eligible family members for permanent residency in Australia. As a holder of this visa you may also enroll in Medicare, a scheme for Australia’s health care and expenses.
Eligibility Criteria for Skilled Regional 887 Visa
There are certain eligibility criteria for the Skilled Regional Visa Subclass 887 applicants to fulfill which includes the following:
- The applicant must hold a valid visa (as mentioned above) to apply
- Must fulfill the set health requirements
- Must be of good moral conduct and present the appropriate character proof (police clearance certificate)
- Must not possess any outstanding debts towards the Australian government or have arranged to repay (if not yet paid)
- You might not be qualified for this visa if you have had a cancelled or refused visa during your previous stay in Australia
Share this information with your friends:
Get Advice From Our Experts
Q&A’s for Subclass 887 Visa
How long this visa will be valid for?
Since Skilled Regional Visa Subclass 887 is a permanent visa; hence, it lasts forever. It takes in effect from the date of visa grant.
How long do I have to wait to process this visa application?
Generally, 75 percent of the Skilled Visa 887 applications gets processed within nine months and 90 percent gets processed within 11 months’ time.
Will this visa affect my travel plans?
No. The visa lets one travel within and outside Australia as often and as much as he wants for up to five (5) years after the grant of visa.
How much will this visa application cost?
The estimate cost of Skilled Visa application is around AUD $385
Where can I apply for Subclass 887 Visa from?
The applicant of Subclass 887 Visa must lodge an application for this visa from Australia and must also be present in the country when the decision on the application is made.