Student Visa Australia lets the international students study, participate in professional training modules to enhance their skill set, work and live in Australia. The visa seekers must meet the requirements of the visa category they want to apply. This visa is perfect means of learning new skills along with the unique local lifestyle. If you wish to apply for this visa you must fulfill certain criteria of the visa stream you want to apply.

Categories of Student visas:

The Student Visa has three different categories — Student visa, Training visa, and Australian Graduate visa.

 Student Visa Subclass 500

If you wish to study in Australia and planning to get enrolled in a recognized educational institute than you can apply for Student Visa Subclass 500. However, to get the visa grant you must get acceptance of study from the educational institution that you are planning to study at. This visa allows you to stay in Australia for up to 5 years.

Student Guardian Visa Subclass 590

If you have a child or relative studying in Australia as an international student and you want to join them there, you can do so by applying for the Student Guardian Visa Subclass 590. This visa will let you stay in the country as a guardian of an international student who is below 18 years of age. As a guardian, you must meet the age requirement to get the visa grant. Aside from requirements to meet such as age, character and health you must also present evidence of sufficient funds to support yourself and the student while you stay in Australia.

Training Visa Subclass 407

Training Visa Subclass 407 offers you to get training at the Australian workplace for a period of 2 years. This program helps you enhance your skills and expertise by participating in workplace-based training modules. You have to be at least 18 years of age to apply for this visa. You are also eligible for this visa if a government agency has invited you to attend the training program. It is a student visa that allows you to stay and travel in Australia for two years.

Australian Graduate Visa (Temporary) Subclass 485

Temporary Graduate Visa Subclass 485 is meant for the international students who just finish a course at an Australian school and wish to spend more time for further studies. This visa is intended for international students who graduate from an educational institution in Australia. It allows them to stay, study, and be employed in this country temporarily following the completion of studies. This is a temporary visa and the students can apply under two streams: Graduate work stream and post-study work stream.

Share this information with your friends:

Get Advice From Our Experts

Contact us on (08) 6245 1242
To make an Appointment

How Immigration Lawyer Perth can help you?

Our experienced Migration lawyers will assess your case and will advise you about the visa stream you qualify for. We will give you a complete guide for all the documents required and will stand by your side throughout the application process. We can also train you to improve your Genuine temporary entrant and statement of purpose to improve your visa chances.

We have an organized process which begins with identifying the visa options available at the Department of Home Affairs that suits your condition best. Contact us if you are planning to apply for Student Visa Australia, our migration lawyers will analyze your situation and depending on your needs will help you study at world’s leading study destination.

Our Blog
Visit our blog to find out all latest updates