If you would like to stay back in Australia to gain work experience post completing your Australian qualification (at least two years) you can apply for a Temporary Graduate Subclass 485 visa to fulfill this dream. This visa allows you to stay in Australia for up to four years (minimum 18 months), depending on your eligibility and qualifications. This visa helps you improve your possibilities to become permanent resident of Australia through skilled pathway.
The 485 Visa has two streams:
- Graduate Work stream—for eligible overseas students who graduate with relevant skills and qualifications according to an occupation on the Skilled Occupation List (SOL).
- Post-Study Work stream—for eligible overseas students who graduate with a bachelor, masters or doctoral degree from an Australian education provider, regardless of their field of study.
Who should apply for this visa if?
Candidates who fulfill the below requirements can apply for Temporary Graduate Subclass 190 Visa for Australia:
- Below 50 years of age
- Must possess an eligible visa
- Must have recently completed education from a CRICOS-registered Australian institute
- Their qualification must be relevant to a job on the list that is considered as skilled occupation or Graduate Work stream, or, must have obtained the Post-Study Work stream
What this visa allows you to do in Australia?
The Temporary Graduate Visa Subclass 485 allows you to live, study and work for unlimited hours in Australia. This visa has an attached travel facility which lets you travel any number of times, in and outside of Australia. This visa is intended for the international students to let them gain work experience in Australia post studies for better permanent residence chances. With this visa one can stay in the country for a specific period of time:
- One can stay for 18 months with this visa for the graduate work stream and;
- For the Post-Study Work stream, one can stay for 2 to 4 years more if she/he has the visa.
The eligibility criteria for Temporary graduate visa?
There are certain eligibility criteria for the Temporary Graduate Subclass 190 Visa applicants to fulfill which includes the following:
- Must have completed at least 2 years of education in Australia
- Must fulfill character and health requirements
- Must enroll in Australian Health Insurance policy
- Any family member included in the application must also fulfill the health and character requirements
Share this information with your friends:
Get Advice From Our Experts
Frequently asked questions for Temporary Graduate Visa
How much will this visa application cost?
The estimate cost of this visa is around AUD1,535.
How long do I have to wait to process this visa application?
- For the Graduate Work stream, application process takes 4-5 months.
- For the Post-Study Work stream, application process takes 85 days to 4 months days
Do I need to find an employer to sponsor me for this visa?
Employer sponsorship is not required to obtain this visa. However, you are responsible for securing your own employment if you wish to work while in Australia on this visa.
Do I need Skill assessment for this visa?
In case you apply for the graduate work stream you have to get a positive skill assessment. There are 485 Visa skill assessments for IT professionals, teachers, engineers, nurses and tradesmen. We work along with you to ensure that you meet the requirements.
What is English language requirement?
The temporary graduate or the Subclass 485 Visa applicants need to sit for an English IELTS or equivalent test. In case you do an IELTS test, you can score an average of 6.0 with 5.0 in each band.